Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:00:24 +0200
From:      Edward <edward_gess@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAC

        Hello all,
    How to change the MAC address in FreeBSD??? When I am creating
socket, how FreeBSD knows which network interface to
    use??? How works network sniffers and how to protect myself from
them??? How works ARP on low level??? I don't understand
    this because I know that it is not using TCP/IP... , but how then
data frames arrives to the host knowing only it MAC address and
    more it can be changed??? Is the hosts on LAN know MAC addresses to
which they are connected??? Or just frames are
    sent to all hosts on LAN and who's MAC is the same as in frame,
answers ???

    In a word please give me some links on documetns about those
things...