Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:07:16 -0700
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
Cc:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@dcfinc.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4_3 calls itself -RELEASE?

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 01:19:42AM +0100, Andrew Boothman wrote:
>> I've seen -SECURE suggested, but I think that would open a can of
>> worms similar to the periodic discussions of what -STABLE really
>> means.  Around the office I call this branch the "most stable", but
>> I think perhaps -SOLID has a nice ring to it...
>
> I prefer -SECURITY, because it makes it clear this is the branch
> dedicated to security fixes and nothing else.

Yes, but then the newbies would think this was some special release
with extra security features.  And complain when they get rooted.
We go through "why isn't -STABLE really stable" three or four times
per year.

I'd rather a tag that didn't imply some kind of promise.

But I agree, it should be something other than -RELEASE.

> Jordan, care to make an official jkh-style pronouncement on doing this
> for RELENG_4_4?  :-)

Or, commit -SOLID to the RELENG_4_3 branch tonight?

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com