Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:30:33 -0500
From:      "Thomas Inskip" <tomas@hrn.ascend.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reboot during install

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE onto a Gateway Pentium Pro box
with 128M of RAM, an Adapted 2940 PCI SCSI controller, and an S3V video
card.  I'm installing onto a separate partition on a drive already
containing NT, and which uses System Commander (I've tried this
configuration before with 2.2.8 with no problems).  I configure the kernel,
partition the drive, label the partitions, and do a custom installation.
Everything seems to go well until it comes to decompressing the ports
packages, which causes a lot of disk activity, during which the machine just
reboots, leaving me with an invalid installation (no kernel for one thing).

Is this a known problem?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks.