Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 20:17:23 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-root@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   newbie buildworld question

Hello freebsd-questions

Hope this query isn't too lusernewbieish.

[freebsd 2.2.5-release]

It serves me right to attempt to improve on what was fully functional.

I attempted to make world in /usr/src - it failed when /usr filled up.
apart from make clean, is there anything I can do to remove what it's
made already? In other words, "how do I clear up the mess?"

Is there anything else superfluous that I need to remove? For some
reason, for some programs, I have Japanese manpages. I didn't install
everything on sysinstall, I selected what to install...  and I'm sure I
didn't deliberately install anything Japanese. I guess it's a
consequence of building world instead of a particular target. Serves me
right for making modifications when undrunk.

Is it ok just to remove the Japanese items?

pkg_add - is there an inverse of this?

Thanks
--
John