Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:58:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Jeff Auerbach <creep@cyberwar.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Minor hardware question

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, Jeff Auerbach wrote:

> I have a soundblaster cd-rom(creative).  I have it plugged into my sound
> card.

ok.

> Actually over the weekend I installed freebsd from ms-dos.  Now i am
> having problems configuring my kernel, as well as my bootmanager.
> I had installed it on my 'd' drive, but I get no boot manager at
> startup.  I realized it was because i should have used my c drive, but i
> will fix that.

Not this again.  I don't know how to fix the "missing bootmanager"
problem yet.

> When i gave the 'make' command after i set the parameters everything
> works fine until it stops.  I get an 'Error code one'.  Also it claims
> that most of my devices such as wd1, etc.

Did you do "make depend" before "make"?

Check Section 5 of the Handbook
(http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook.html) on how to rebuild the kernel.

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant