Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:03:08 +0200
From:      Gabriel Linder <linder@jeuxvideo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Swap size

Hi,

I plan to setup FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE on my Core Duo laptop with 1GB of RAM.

The handbook says "ideal swap size is 2xRAM", so should I use 2GB of
swap ? This seems a bit huge to me, I never used more than 400MB on Linux.
If so, is there a limit of swap partition size (or number) on i386 (for
Linux it's 2GB per partition and 32 partitions max, but I don't know for
FreeBSD) ?

I plan to use two slices so I can have 2x1GB of swap anyway, I'm just
curious :-)