Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:24:11 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/games Makefile ports/games/tuxkart Makefile distinfo pkg-comment pkg-descr pkg-plist ports/games/tuxkart/files patch-Makefile.in patch-configure patch-src::Makefile.in

Thus spake Alexander Langer (alex@FreeBSD.org):

>   Add tuxkart, an OpenGL action kart racing game.

I was only able to test it on -CURRENT.  Could anyone please test it
on -STABLE?  I assume it won't build because of -pthread bogons with
Mesa.  (I ALWAYS run into these!)

It's quite slow on my machine, because I'm still lacking hardware
accleration (I should finally set it up :-)
Also, I'm missing joystick support.

However, it seems to be quite promising given a fast computer +
hardware acclearation.

The game reminds me on the good old "Wacky Wheels" times.  We used to
play that game for hours back then :-)

(*sigh*, I should write a Wacky Wheels clone! Really!)

Alex