Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 00:43:43 +0900 (JST)
From:      Toshihiko ARAI <toshi@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HEADSUP: Linksys cards need flag.

Hi folks, for mobile users.

Linksys Fast Ethernet PCCARD cards supported by the ed driver now
require the addition of flag 0x80000 to their config line in
pccard.conf(5).  This flag is not optional.  These Linksys cards will
not be recognized without it.

The old code tried to automatically probe for these cards.  However,
these probes sometimes caused non-Linksys cards to hang.
I wanted to avoid introducing a new flag if I could, but I had no
other solution.

The description in pccard.conf(5) should be as follows:

card "corega" "FEther PCC-TXF"
        config  auto "ed" ? 0x80000

I fixed all the entries for the Linksys type card that I could find in
etc/defaults/pccard.conf.

Please notify me if I have missed any.

--
Toshihiko ARAI / toshi@FreeBSD.org