Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 00:47:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Emmanuel <loki@pc-tardieu2.ensica.fr>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   how do you use the rpm port?

Hi,

I have recently received commercial packages for linux redhat. As I run
FreeBSD-2.2.1, I have already seen from various posts that the linux
emulation runs quite well and is able to launch applications like
Applixware. However, even when using the rpm port from the port
collection, I am not able to un-rpm the packages. I have tried 'rpm -i
--nodeps blah.rpm' but without much success.
I would like to hear how it is possible to extract the binaries from a rpm
package and thus installing them on the freebsd box.

regards

Emmanuel.