Date:      Fri, 19 May 2006 13:02:55 +0200
From:      Benjamin Lutz <benlutz@datacomm.ch>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New category - ports/packages specific tools?

--nextPart1215028.47pcdkniIB

I like the idea as well. While the current categories assigned the the=20
ports-related ports makes sense (doesn't sysutils, which is used for most,=
=20
make perfect sense?), better discoverability for these programs is a good=20
thing.

I like portutils as a new name, because it's easier to read and write than=
=20
ports-mgmt.

I'd also like the new category to be virtual only. If you look, at for=20
example, security/portaudit, it makes more sense to me to find that in the=
=20
security than a portutils dir. And as I said, I find the sysutils dir=20
appropriate for ports things (although, looking at it, it could probably be=
=20
cleaned up a bit - is eg. k3b really a sysutil? The tools it uses for the=20
actual burning, maybe, but k3b itself?)

Cheers
Benjamin