Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:01:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        perl <perl@netmug.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple Ethernet Cards in 1 Box

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, perl wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to have 3-4 NE2000 compat. ethernet
> cards in 1 freebsd box and have the freebsd box recignize all of them.
> I'm trying to firewall a network into 4 parts.  Is there a better (low
> cost) way to do this?

If you are using ISA cards you will need to build a custom kernel that
looks for all the cards and has the correct IRQ and IO settings.
Look at ed0 and ed1 and create ed2 and ed3 with settings to match
the cards.

With PCI cards just plug them in and reboot.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com