Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 13:12:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
To:        Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentuim or Pentuim Pro ?

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Doug Russell wrote:

> > 	That's what I got, for some reason, my case can be ATX or AT
> > simply by changing the power supply.
>
> That is becoming a little more common.  The cases we use for our servers
> (big 14 drive bay monsters) have part of the back panel which unscrews, so
> you can pop on the ATX style panel with the proper cutouts.  Then you just
> change the power supply to the ATX version.

	Hmmm, but are there back panels to convert a ATX case back to AT?

> Why nobody (that I've seen yet) is making a power supply that has both
> connectors on it, and just doesn't use the 3.3 volt part for anything when
> you use a normal motherboard...  I don't know.  It would make too much
> sense, I guess.  :)

	Now that is a good idea, the thing with ATX power supplies is that
it has a power switch on the power supply while ATX motherboards have the
front power switch connected to the motherboard.  Now does anyone know if
there are ATX motherboards from ASUS or SuperMicro that is ATX footprint
and not AT?

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]