Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:16:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@sequence.Stanford.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RA Sound & configuration

Hey guys!

All this talk about Real Audio has got my interest into getting this box
to play some of the Real Audio files, but my sound card configuration is
a little bit screwy I think.  Does it work on FreeBSD 2.1.5R?

Does anyone have any configuration suggestions?  The sound card is a
Televideo 3D 16 bit PNP ISA card.  It is Sound Blaster Pro and WIndows
Sound System compatible.

When FreeBSD probes, it sees:

sb0 at 0x220 irq 10 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 2.1>
sbmidi0 not found at 0x330
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>
mpu0 at 0x330 irq 9 drq 0 on isa
mpu0: <MPU-401 MIDI Interface 0.0 >

This is a probe from a cold boot, so I did not have MSDOS do anything to
the PNP settings.  I believe the MPU setting is wrong in the kernel
configuration, but from /dev/sndstat it looks like opl0 is also wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas?

shell: {15} cat /dev/sndstat
VoxWare Sound Driver:3.0-beta-950506 (Sun Feb 5 14:38:12 EST 1995
freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com)
Config options: ffffffff

Installed drivers:
Type 1: OPL-2/OPL-3 FM
Type 5: Roland MPU-401
Type 2: SoundBlaster

Card config:
SoundBlaster at 0x220 irq 10 drq 1
Roland MPU-401 at 0x330 irq 9 drq 0
OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388 irq 65535 drq 4294967295

Audio devices:
0: SoundBlaster 2.1

Synth devices:
0: Yamaha OPL-3