Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:31:31 -0500
From:      Brian Lofton <lofton@okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fdisk partition labeler

--------------7E8172F29387C59900B3946B

I need some help.  Skipping the hardware configuration portion of the
installation, I am confused as to how and where my BSD slice should go.
I have a 6.4 gig hard drive, and I am running Windows 95.  I have
windows installed on the primary partition, the first 2 gigs, then I
have 3 logical partitions.  I was intending the last partition to be the
one I installed BSD on, which contains about 1 gig.
    When I get to the screen to create a slice, I am given 3 selections,
with the middle selection being what I assume is the partition with
Windows.  I am lost with this process, because it is giving me sector
ranges relating to the 3 choices it is giving me, and I have no idea
which sectors to install on, and how to create
-my root,
-my user
-and one other directory with it's own slice.

If this makes any sense to anyone, I would greatly appreciate you help.

Brian Lofton
lofton_osu@osu.net

--------------7E8172F29387C59900B3946B

<HTML>
I need some help.&nbsp; Skipping the hardware configuration portion of
the installation, I am confused as to how and where my BSD slice should
go.&nbsp; I have a 6.4 gig hard drive, and I am running Windows 95.&nbsp;
I have windows installed on the primary partition, the first 2 gigs, then
I have 3 logical partitions.&nbsp; I was intending the last partition to
be the one I installed BSD on, which contains about 1 gig.
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When I get to the screen to create a slice, I am
given 3 selections, with the middle selection being what I assume is the
partition with Windows.&nbsp; I am lost with this process, because it is
giving me sector ranges relating to the 3 choices it is giving me, and
I have no idea which sectors to install on, and how to create
<BR>-my root,
<BR>-my user
<BR>-and one other directory with it's own slice.

<P>If this makes any sense to anyone, I would greatly appreciate you help.

<P>Brian Lofton
<BR><A HREF="mailto:lofton_osu@osu.net">lofton_osu@osu.net</A></HTML>