Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:37:42 -0600
From:      <soultrax@verizon.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Just a question.....

I havent seen another os more stable than frebsd and i love =

it.  It uses less memorey than windows and linux. Thats what =

i was looking for. =

 =

Now, I love computers and I have to tell you that my hobbie =

is to test computers, configure them, install operating =

systems on them and i want to know what i need in order to =

make programs for frebsd. How to port applications for it.  =

I know that there are help files somewhere in your website =

or on another.  First of all, im not a programmer yet, but i =

want to be.   =

 =

These are my questions. =

 =

What programming languages do you use for interacting with =

freebsd( the kernel,ports)? =

Where can i get more information on how make programs for =

freebsd? =

I plan on going to college to study computer science but i =

dont want to waste my time studying programming languages =

like visual basic, even though it wouldnt hurt. I want you =

to guide me so i wont make a mistake.  i know ms software =

dictates most things in the market because of their business =

practices but i dont want to get stuck with it.  Freebsd is =

my choice and i want it to be a meaningfull choice in my =

future career.   =

 =

Thats all i ask for now.  with your help in two to four =

years from now ( or less if possible) you`ll hear from me =

with what i can provide to you or the freebsd community. =

 =

Regards,  =

Luis Sime =

 =