Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 22:02:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Keith Bostic <bostic@bsdi.com>, current@freebsd.org, jhs@freebsd.org, terry@lambert.org
Subject:   Re: editors

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> How about a command line flag?  I can run `vi --on-screen-help'
> or whatever when I know that the novice is about to be punted into
> vi, no sweat.

How about some code that detects new users?  When it does, then
an ascii graphic Wizard will come on the screen and help the user
through their tasks.  There could be a wizard to explain all
cool features, and sepcial help for recovering WordPerfect
users...

Huh?

Oh, sorry I thought this was a Microsoft mailing lists.

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================