Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:33:58 -0500
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        "John Straiton" <jks@clickcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Noah Dunker <ndunker@jccc.net>
Subject:   RE: SAMBA Win2K

Thanks, John & Noah:
I have just installed Samba and getting ready to configure the Win2K client.

John/Noah, did you have to configure the Win2K to use plain text for
passwords?

The slow part doesn't matter in this case. Just want Win2K Explorer to be
able to map the Unix server drive to simplify some things....

Many thanks for the help....

At 05:16 PM 8.14.2001 -0400, John Straiton wrote:
>I access my FreeBSD machine running SAMBA with my Win2K Pro based laptop, if
>that's what you mean. It's pretty slow but works fine for day-to-day use. As
>far as setting that up goes, "Teach yourself SAMBA in 24 Hours" is the book
>to have. Using "smbclient" before trying to use Windows to access it will
>probably help in troubleshooting (since it gives error messages).
>
>Let me know if you need more specific details,
>John Straiton
>ClickCom, Inc.
>jks@clickcom.com

Best regards,