Date:      Sat, 25 May 1996 23:02:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Soren Dayton <csdayton@midway.uchicago.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adduser program in C

On Sat, 25 May 1996, Soren Dayton wrote:
>  i do not think that this is where the hit is, but I just might be wrong.
> I think the problem is that perl does no real memory management and
> grows and grows and grows and grows and grows.

I know some people that have an accounting package they wrote in perl that
has a 50+ meg footprint.  Clearly this is a bit of a problem, but it was
easier for them to buy more memory than to rewrite it.  I'm not saying
that perl doesn't have problems, but in most cases, the tasks that you
would consider using perl to solve won't be affected by any of the
problems listed. (in most cases)

Have a good one.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|