Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:54:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@devrycols.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BootEasy - Windows + FreeBSD 2.2.7

I'm having a small problem with Windows + 2.2.7 happily coexisting.
Here's the situation:

	1.  IDE Master 1.2G Win98
	2.  IDE Slave  2.1  FreeBSD-2.2.7

I can't for the life of me get booteasy to *stay* on the 1.2 with Win98.
I've tried installing it from FreeBSD and from DOS.  What happens is that
the system will let me boot from the Master drive 1 time and 1 time only.
I get the boot prompt, something to the effect of:

	F1 ???
	F5 FreeBSD

I enter F5 and get

	F1 FreeBSD
	F5 Disk2

I enter F1 and get FreeBSD, just like I should.  Problem is that if for
some reason or another the machine is rebooted I get this:

	Warning:  Couldn't find any active partitions on drive whatever...
	(It is referring to the 1.2 Win98 drive)

So... I can go into Fdisk every time and mark the partition active, but
this doesn't seem like a real solution to me.

Also, it's worth noting that the FreeBSD drive used to live all alone in
this machine.  It was moved from Master to Slave on the primary controller
because Microsoft products refuse to boot from anything but the primary
master.

Anyhow, If anyone has any ideas I'd really like to hear them.

Thanks much,

Jim