Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:42:13 -0400
From:      "Mark Radabaugh" <mark@amplex.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: RAID systems

The SmartCache is a basic SCSI card without caching or RAID (yeah - I know
the name says cache...).  There is an adapter board that attaches to the
card to add caching and RAID support.  The SmartRaid had the Caching and
RAID components built onto one card.

We had some problems with a bad Cache card.  I pulled the Cache card and
threw it in a drawer for a year.  When I needed it I was pleasantly
surprised to find the card had a 3 year warranty.  DPT was very cool and
sent a no charge advance replacement for the SCSI card and the Controller.
I would have to give them a big thumbs up for that - much better service
than most companies!

Mark Radabaugh      Amplex     (419)833-3635
mark@amplex.net