Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2015 22:31:32 -0600
From:      Sean DuBois <sean@siobud.com>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, "Jason C. Wells" <jasoncwells@fastmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Analyze and Edit a Binary File

Oh also another idea.

Try saving the same file in multiple versions of the
program, and then diffing them.

Another good trick would be to use LD_PRELOAD, and throw some debugging
in places like strcmp etc..
And in the same vein as LD_PRELOAD try using strace

I imagine Catia has all symbols stripped, so it will be sort of hard
to analyze/debug. BUT you might get lucky, so worth checking :)