Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:02:15 -0800
From:      Chameleon <swen@wavefire.com>
To:        "Mikhail Evstiounin" <evstiounin@adelphia.net>, "Alexey N. Dokuchaev" <danfe@ssc.nsu.ru>, "R Joseph Wright" <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Windows 98

At 10:56 AM 1/15/00 -0500, Mikhail Evstiounin wrote:

>From: Alexey N. Dokuchaev <<danfe@ssc.nsu.ru>

>To: R Joseph Wright <<rjoseph@nwlink.com>

>Subject: Re: Windows 98

>>> FreeBSD, like win98, is an operating system.

>>You gotta be kiddin' here, right? ;-)

>Alexey, it's about calssification, it's not about quality of each

>instance:-)

>Win XXX is bad but sill OS.

actually... isn't Windows 95/98 an Operating Enviroment.. not a Operating system??

Since the fact is that they still require DOS to run... no matter how much they try to cover it up with a fancy shell...

Swen

>> ,--------------------------------------,     ____            ___  _______

>> | Alexey N. Dokuchaev, more commonly   |    / __/______ ___ / _ )/ __/ _ \

>> | known as DAN Fe                      |   / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/ // /

>> |                                      |  /_/ /_/  __/__/____/___/____/

>> | Novosibirsk State University         `-------- The Power to

>Serve --------,

>> | Scientific Study Center Computer Lab

>> | email: danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru     homepage:

>http://inet.ssc.nsu.ru/~danfe/ |

>> | ICQ UIN: 38934845

>`---------------------------------------------------------------------------

>'

>>A good conspiracy is unprovable.  I mean, if you can prove it, it means

>they

>>screwed up somewhere along the line.

>> Jerry Fletcher from Conspiracy Theory

>>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

<bold>Windows 98</bold>: n.

        useless extension to a minor patch release for

        32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a

        16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system

        originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,

        written by a 2-bit company that can't stand for

        1 bit of competition.