Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:08:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Carlos Carnero <zopewiz@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What's happening with my sendmail?

Hello,

in my firewall I have a sendmail relay for a couple of
mailservers downstream inside my protected network--a
mail switch of sorts.

Now, I just had to restart the firewall and now I have
several dozens of process that look like

752 ?? S 0:00.00 sendmail: startup with 192.168.250.28
(sendmail)

192.168.250.28 is one of those internal mailservers. I
have four more like that, which brings the total to
maybe a couple hundred sendmail processes.

What's going on? What did I do wrong?

Best regards,
Carlos.