Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 19:19:11 -0500
From:      Anthony Kim <tkim@mcs.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCP

FWIW, I've used it with great success. Samba box acting
as domain controller for W95 workstations, nmbd handling
WINS. Cheap, easy, and reliable.

rgds,

Anthony

Doug White wrote:

> On Thu, 14 May 1998, Capriotti wrote:
>
> > How do I use IPFW in a site where all computers use DHCP, and there's an NT
> > machine running WINS ?
>
> Please be specific.  IPfw has nothing to do with dhcp nor wins.
>
> > My goal is using a FBSD box to give internet dialed access to one
> > department, abd some Samba features too.
>
> Sure, no problem.  I think samba can do wins, although I've never been at
> a site that actually *uses* it.

"The conclusion I have reached is that reading is an operation
 without object; or that its true object is itself." --Italo Calvino

"First and foremost, I think of myself as a reader." --Borges