Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:43:14 -0400
From:      "DeAngelis, David" <DeAngelisD@psmail.ci.worcester.ma.us>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Y2K Compliance

Dear Sir/Madam:

My question is in regards to Y2K compliance. We are using FreeBSD as the
operating system for our DNS server on an Intel based box. I believe, after
looking at the /etc/motd file, the version is 2.1. However, based on the
file date of the bsd executable the version could be 2.2.7. I have inherited
several issues from my predecessor and Y2K compliance for our DNS server is
one.  My question is: What is the minimum FreeBSD version level necessary to
be Y2K compliant? Thank you very much for your valuable time and assistance.

Thank you,
David DeAngelis
Unix System Admin
City of Worcester, MA