Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:59:36 +0200
From:      martin hudec <corwin@aeternal.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 100Mbit network performance - again

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 03:13:50AM +0400 or thereabouts, Andrew P. wrote:
> Erm, well 60+Mbytes is no wonder in a Gigabit environment (and it is
> too much of a wonder in a FastEthernet one), but I'm interested in
> getting 100Mbit hardware to work at full speed.

  If I take that your "NE2000 $10 NIC's" is what you call 100Mbit
  hardware, then.. would you mind if I ask: what do you expect more from
  such $10-harware other than just to flicker and to eat electric current?
 =20
  Use *real* 100Mbit hardware please :). BTW I have same performance
  with my sis900/rl8139 NIC's.

  	cheers,
	Martin

--=20
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin@aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible=20
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--