Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:17:04 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        Glenn Gombert <ggombert@imatowns.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Re: Current/XFree86 w/gnome or kde coredumps.

I suspected that because I just upgraded to the latest and greatest:-) unless
4.2 comes back soon.  I've found that several other programs like mplayer are
also coredumping.  I guess my decision is now to go forward to 4.2 or back.

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one. :-)

ed

Quoting Glenn Gombert <ggombert@imatowns.com>:

> I had the same problem with the version of XFree86 that is now in the ports
> collection, I installed an earlier version of XFree86-4.1.) that I had from
> last Fall last week and it appears to work fine...something that changed
> recently in XFree86 (or Current) appears to be causing the problem....
>

> At 07:28 PM 2/14/2002 -0800, Edwin Culp wrote:
> >I just realized that current/XFree86-4.1.0_12,1 core dumps with either
> >kde or gnome.  I seems to work fine with twm.  It dumps at the same
> >place when starting x with both.
> >
> >(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
> >Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,
> removing from
> > list!
> >Bus error - core dumped
> >
> >Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I haven't rebooted for several days
> >so I don't know when it started.
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >ed
> >

> >---

> >with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message
> >
> Glenn Gombert
> ggombert@imatowns.com

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.:-)

---