Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:22:21 -0700
From:      Peter Sanchez <fut0n@linuxforlesbians.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dos2Unix

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

Ya, unix2dos is nifty, I just wrote a small shell script to do it for
me. Here it is

#!/bin/sh
#
# syntax: strip.sh filename
#

if [ "$#" -ne 1 ]; then
        echo "Usage: $0 input_file_name"
        exit 1
fi

if [ -f $1 ]; then
        tr -d '\r' < $1 > $1.$$
        mv $1.$$ $1
        echo "Done! You can now open $1"
        exit 0
else
        echo "Error: $1 does not exist."
        exit 1
fi

Just if anyone finds it useful :)

Peter

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 02:52:39PM +1030, Andrew Reid wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 07:59:54PM -0800, Ben Witkowski wrote:
>=20
> > most unix systems have a dos2unix utility that removes the trailing ^M
> > characters from each line.  is there a comprable tool for FreeBSD, or d=
oes
> > anyone know where to find the binaries (or a script) to do the job?
>=20
> # cd /usr/ports/converters/unix2dos
> # make
> # make install
>=20
>    - andrew
>=20
> --=20
> Andrew J. Reid                    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem =
=20
> andrew.reid@plug.cx               mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane=
=20
> +61 401 946 813                   mittam"                               =
=20
>=20

--=20
Peter Sanchez, aka fut0n	|	"The ability to read is what
 - fut0n@linuxforlesbians.org	|	 distinguishes Unix users from
 - www.linuxforlesbians.org	|	 those of more popular platforms."
 - FreeBSD or DIE		|			- John Lasser

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb