Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:18:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Peterson <matt@peterson.org>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: patch for wi driver

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <200012120655.eBC6tLD01580@duplo.sm.sony.co.jp> Atsushi Onoe writes:
> : I've once failed 3com card to work with NetBSD's wi driver, and I asked
> : tech-net@netbsd.org whether anyone can use it, but no response.
> : I suspect the 3com card works with 'an' driver since the
> : shape of the 3com card is very similar to aironet, IIRC.
>
> I have no idea who did the firmware for the 3com card.

Both the 3Com and Intel DS card's are re-branded Symbol products
<http://www.symbol.com/products/wireless/wireless_portfolio_higher_data.html>.

From an access point standpoint, I'm pretty sure the 3Com AP features a
single antenna card, while the Intel uses dual antenna ports.  I've only
physically verified Intel products.  Intresting the Intel (and maybe
3Com?) AP include dual PCMCIA slots, we're going to try piecing together
two cards and see if the firmware magically enables the second one, at a
future Bay Area Wireless User Group <http://www.bawug.org/>; meeting.

I plan to build an 802.11b PC Card Matrix soon, similar to my AP one
<http://www.bawug.org/ap_table.html>.  Thx again Warner and Atsushi for
your efforts.

--Matt