Date:      Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:24:33 +0200
From:      Thomas Clouet <thomas.clouet@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux Expo Paris Freebsd

Hello,

Our company will organize the 1st, 2nd and 3rd february 2000, at the Palais
des Congrès de Paris, LINUX EXPO, the second europeen OSS exhibition and
conference. Now you have a perfect forum to reach this new market with yours
solutions (meet with resellers, open a subsidiary and meet volume buyers).

I will be next week at San Jose for the Linux World Expo and will be pleased
to meet you there to present you this event. Do not hesitate to send me an
E-mail to give me an hour and a day for an appointment, I have got some nice
tee-shirts and caps for you.

You didn't get the possibility to exhibit or to visit Linux Expo Paris this
year what we regret. To give you a vision as complete as possible of this
event, please find enclosed in this e-mail the press release of Linux Expo
Paris 99 as well as the list of exhibitors.

Linux Expo Paris 99 - 17th and 18th of June

Phenomenal impact for the first exhibition/conference dedicated to Linux solutions

Over 5,000 professional visitors attended Linux Expo 99

The first exhibition and conference dedicated to Linux solutions, organized
by Sky Events, closed its doors on June 18th. The event, held at the Palais
des Congrès in Paris, was universally acclaimed as a tremendous success.

For two days (June 17-18), Linux Expo provided attendees with a firsthand
look at this explosive market. The show drew over 5,000 professional
visitors, many of them company heads, who had a chance to meet with the 87
exhibitors ¾ vendors, distributors and systems integrators.

List of exhibitors of Linux Expo Paris 17 and 18th of June 1999 :
Acucorp, Aful, Alcove, Alternative, April, Athena Global Services, Atrid,
Auxicad, Aware, Axel, Beacon, Bonobo Systemes, Boostworks, Bull, Caldera, Clx,
Cobalt Networks, Compaq France, Computer Associates France, Consensys, Corel
Corporation, Cs Institut, Dns Telecom, Dominique Bressler Consultant, Donovan
Systms, Doremi Labs Europe, Easter-Eggs, Echo, Ecole Centrale de Paris,
Editions O'Reilly, Empress, Energy Computer, Epx, Esc, France Telecom, Free
Software Foundation, Getek, Goupil, Groupe Tests, Guilde, Hewlett Packard, Ibm,
I-Bus France, Icp Vortex, Idm, Igel, Imacs, Infosat ICPS, Interlogiciel, Inup,
Ionix Services, Librairie Eyrolles, Linux Magazine, Linux Pratique, Linuts,
Logiciel du Soleil, Login, Lugo, Magic Software, Mandraksoft, Mcd2 Diffusion,
Medasys Digital Systems, Minet, Netgem, Newnet, Novell, Object Share, Omnimark
Technologies, Open Care, Oracle France, Parasoft, Parinux, Perforce Software,
Pick Systems, Programmez !, Prolifics, Red Hat Software, Samsung Semiconductor
Europe, Slti, Specialix, Sql Ingénierie, Suse, Take Five Software, Tulip
Computers, Ulice, Via Centrale Reseaux, Vnu Publications, Western Scientific,
Wrox Press.

Another highlight was the conferences and keynote speeches by top names from
the Linux community, attended by 500 people eager to gain invaluable insights.

The inaugural session featured an exceptional lineup of heavyweights from
the OSS worlds, drawing over 1,000 participants who came to hear Bob Young,
President and CEO of Var Research, Robert Leblanc, Vice President of IBM Software Group and Pierre Dianteill, Marketing Directors of Oracle
France.

Important dates for your diary The second Linux Expo is set for February 2-3, 2000 at the Palais des
Congrès in Paris.

When this release was issued over 80% of the exhibitors had already reserved
their booth for next year.

Sincerely yours.

Thomas CLOUET
Chef de Projet