Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 16:19:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ashby Gochenour <freebsd-smp@noc.ntelos.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   compaq DL380 SMP

Hello SMPers,
I've searched the archives high and low and have not found a solution to
this trouble. I have a compaq proliant DL380 running  4.3-RC FreeBSD
4.3-RC #0. I've compiled three different SMP kernels that all lock the
machine up on boot. The last lines that are read before the machine locks
up is:

IOAPIC #0 intpin2 -> irq0.

After this only power cycle is responsive.

I do not know if there is a work around to this issue or not. I took the
SMP lines out of the kernel config and the kernel minus SMP will boot
fine.

I don't know if this is related to the BSD source that I am using or if
this is related to compaq implementation of SMP (or both) any
hints/advice or workarounds is *much* appriciated.

Thank you,

Ashby Gochenour