Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:40:50 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Rasmus Skaarup <rasmus@gal.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.2-BETA hangs on boot

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0011180028320.84197-100000@skaarup.org> Rasmus Skaarup writes:
: I have a Compaq Armada M700 with the same pcic problem as the other guys
: with Dell's and whatnot - I've read Warners mails stating the pro's and
: con's of this situation.
:
: Please tell me how I can boot the 4.2-RC1 floppies, because I cannot set
: the pcic irq during 4.2-RC1 installation (!).

You aren't allowed to set the IRQ in the kernel config as you are
coming up?  Last time I tested this, I was able to do so.  Please
confirm, and I'll try again.

: The problem does not exist under 4.1-RELEASE or 4.1.1-RELEASE.

OK.