Date:      Sun, 12 May 2002 13:03:42 -0700
From:      Joshua <Lokken@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   disk space problem

hello

I have fresh install of 4.5R on 3.12 GB HDD, with XFree86-4.2.0
and lynx installed.  I am trying to build the gnome port.  My /usr
slice is 1.2 GB.  I keep running out of space on /usr.  What can I
safely get rid of to make room for this build?   I have no sources
installed.  It seems that I am not 'using disk space correctly',
could this be the case?  in other words, maybe my swap space
isn't being used, etc.  Can anyone help?

tia,

joshua