Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:44:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Scott Mitchell <rsm@acm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compatibility list

>So consider me volunteered to do (some of) the work...anyone else who wants
>in, please stand up now.  That means 'political' and logistical as well as
>technical contributions; eg. is the project in a position to loan cards,
>PCMCIA specs, etc (laptops?) to those producing the code?  Wow, that all's
>quite a rant coming from me...time to get back to the thesis I think :)

OK, I'll flame.  I'm working (slowly) on a pccardc man page right now.  I
have access to a handful of different pccards, and if I can achieve some
level of understanding of the drivers, I'd try to help ensure that some of
them worked with this new, layout you speak of.  And, if I can't, at least
I'll try to keep my nose in far enough to make sure the man pages reflect
reality.

So, basically I'll help out at least to the level necessary to get my
cards and a handful of TP560's working right.  :-)

Brian