Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 01:51:46 +0800 (CST)
From:      User URANIA <urania@iss.com.tw>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot problem with Mylex DAC960

    I've got a server, tyan 1832DL with 2 CPU onborad, Mylex DAC960
and 3*9G IBM SCSI Disk. I build a RAID-0 Disk by Mylex dos utility,
I like to install FreeBSD 4.0-current, but I cannot boot FreeBSD by
floppy image 4.0-20000214-CURRENT.

    If I remove Mylex DAC960, floopy image can boot FreeBSD. I could
boot from IDE-CDROM using FreeBSD 3.4 if Mylex DAC960 removed. (this
cdrom is from the book "The Complete FreeBSD").
    But I cannot install FreeBSD if I cannot boot from a FreeBSD floopy
or cdrom.
    I want my FreeBSD :~~~~

    Boot Loader problem ? It cannot find disk array created by Mylex
DAC960 ?
    Should I do something special for this Mylex Controller ?