Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:51:45 +0200
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Hooman Fazaeli <ebastan10@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: broadcom 57710 support

Barney Cordoba wrote:
>> Any one knows if there is any near plan to develop drivers
>> for
>>
>> network cards based on broadcom NetXtereme II 57710
>>
>> 10 GbE controller?
>>
>> -----------------------
>> best regards
>> Hooman Fazaeli
>>

> Ok, I'll bite. What is so special about this particular part that you
> simply must use it in your 10GbE server?

A possible cause -at least for me- is that HP switched from the Gigabit
Broadcoms for these 10GE versions. So newer machines (for example the HP
BL460c G6) come with Broadcom 57711 instead of the 57xx ones (supported
by bge and bce).

FreeBSD ran very well on HP machines, it would be good if this could
continue.