Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 23:03:10 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Corey Brune" <brune@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, dochawk@psu.edu
Subject:   Re: reading from batch file with ex

Corey Brune <brune@sdf.lonestar.org> types:
> try:
> ex < filename

Or try a here document if you really want it in place (and I changed
the s to a c to make it easier to read):

ex <<EOF
1c
/compat/linux/bin/sh
.
EOF

Though you'd probably be a *lot* better off using sed for this.

mv script script.old
sed '1s;^.*$;#!/compat/linux/bin/sh; < script.old > script

or maybe that should be:

sed '1c

	<mike