Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 08:21:09 +0530
From:      shubhamr <shubhamr@malkauns.nsc.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   root password forgotten-locked up

Hi,
I forgot my root password.I had not created any other user too.
so,I tried inserting the installation CD and went to the option root
password in the configure menu.But when I enter there,it just stays
intact and will not give me a screen to type in a new password.So I am
unable to enter my system.Now the system is not allowing me to change my
root password.

how do I enter in?It does not even allow to create a new user also.
Please help.
Thanks in advance,
shubha