Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:36:54 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   StarOffice 5.1 - the sequel

After a short diversion to get all my other Linux apps working
again after installing SO we now return to StarOffice problems :)

When SO is installed it has a dialogue box for all your details
(name, address, phone number (Ha!) etc) and when SO is run it
(sometimes) asks if you wish to register it. Answer "yes" and it
connects to www.sun.com using it's own browser. However this is
unbelievably slooooow, the data rates shown at the bottom of the
window are *always* single digit bytes/sec.

On the one occasion I allowed it to finish (~10 mins) it took me
to the registration page. I select the OS (Linux :( ) and language
then clicked the "register" button. After many more minutes of slow
data transfer it just returned to the same page, no mention of
having successfully registering.

So, questions.

Is the info you enter during the install supposed to be for automatic
registration?

Why are the data transfer rates so slow? (I'm not using Netscape
 or anything else at the same time).

Does the fact that "Register SO" is still on the task list mean
that I have not successfully registered it?

TIA.

--
STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.