Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 1995 10:36:07 -0500
From:      Mark Chapman <chapman@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        jkh@whisker.internet-eireann.ie
Subject:   Re: SB16 problems ... is there a fix yet?

I remember having problems with this in 1.1.5.1.  From memory, the solution
was to add several calls to "tenmicroseconds()" within the sb.c files and
then recompile the kernel.

It seems that the DMA calls would execute too fast for the SB card to
keep up after the first buffer full (1 second or so).

I have not ever had this problem on my 486 DX2/66 with FreeBSD 2.x.

I do not have my kernel sources handy to get the details, but I can look
when I go home if you want.

- Mark