Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:43:57 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        skin@takeover.lion-access.net
Subject:   Re: reboot

* Bart Pustjens <skin@takeover.lion-access.net> [20010123 17:29]: writing on the subject 'reboot'
Bart>
Bart> Hi!
Bart>
Bart> One of my FreeBSD machines is highly unstable and
Bart> is co-located at an ISP. I don't have the time this
Bart> week to fix the problems or upgrade the hardware so
Bart> I want to add a cronjob with 'reboot' every 24 hours.
Bart> Is it allowed (for the root user) to add /sbin/reboot
Bart> as a cronjob ? Or are their other alternatives ?

What is the need for a reboot. maybe you can just give a rogue
process a HUP every 24 hours....
But i still "SUSPECT" /sbin/shutdown -r can still be done via cron.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Suit the action to the world, the world to the action, with this special
observance, that you overstep not the modesty of nature. -William Shakespeare