Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 00:08:12 +0700 (NSS)
From:      Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware full-screen

hi, there!

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, John Reynolds~ wrote:

> > has anyone got win9x running under vmware (full-screen)?
>
> Yes, I've gotten win98 SE running full-screen under VMware when I was screwing
> with it.
>
> You must make sure that you are running "moused" (and thus pointing X at
> /dev/sysmouse) and change your mouse configuration from "auto" to "ps/2"
> explicitly inside the vmware configuration editor. Unless I did those things
> vmware would yell at me about my mouse and refuse to go into full-screen mode.

been there, did that. thanks anyway

> If it's something other than that, then I'm out of clues :)

I have problems with vtys. I am running X at ttyvb.
vmware tries to allocate /dev/tty13 for full-screen mode but I
cannot imagine where /compat/linux/dev/tty13 should point to
When it is symlinked to /dev/ttyvc vmware dumps core.

/fjoe

PS I heard that not all X drivers (I use 3.3.6) work correctly with
vmware. which driver (and video card) do you have (mine is RIVA TNT 2)?
I am runnign vmware under 4.1-STABLE (14 Aug)