Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 21:04:40 +0100
From:      Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ep problem with 4.0-19991101-CURRENT snapshot

Hi,

I'm trying to get a real operating system on my Compaq presario 1260.

I boot from the pccard floppies, and have a 3com 3c589c in pcmcia slot0,
sysinstall finds this with default setting for IRQ and memory address,
and does not find it with any other combination.

sysinstall can assign a ip address via. DHCP, but the machine cannot be
ping'ed from other hosts on the lan, same if I manually configure ep0
via ifconfig.

This machine has a 'TI PCI 1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge'

Any ideas ? Or ideas on how to get debug output that can help in
debugging this problem ?

A couple of notes:
My IBM ThinkPad 560 works fine with the same 3c589c card both in
3.3-STABLE and 4.0-CURRENT, and the same card also works in Win98 on the
Compaq.
3.3-STABLE doesn't find the card when it's in the Compaq, neither does
NetBSD 1.4.1 or Redhat linux (yes, I'm getting desperate to get rid of
windows on this machine ...)

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS4261-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)