Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:46:58 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppp & rules

Greetings,
I am running :
FreeBSD proxy 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0:
Mon Mar 20 22:50:22 GMT 2000
root@monster.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC
i386

I am using ppp (userland) on this computer.  I have disabled
inetd as part of my security tightening.  I want to use rules
in ppp.conf to keep the bad packets out, and let the good ones
flow.  As such, does anyone have a basic set of rules that will
keep most of the know hacks from working ?

I am looking for a set of rules, that I can use immediately, and
use them also to learn how to write my own rules.

thanks,
Darryl