Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 17:30:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BootFORTH - demo floppy

Hi,

Some people asked me to prepare a demo floppy for our new bootloader.
Well, here's an early Christmas gift for you:

	http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/bootldr.bin

For those of you already familiar with it, the only surprise will be a
cons25-compatible terminal emulator, together with some screen
manipulation Forth words (at-xy, clear, but also frame drawing).

The kernel provided on the floppy is standard PicoBSD "dial" version, so
it's not only a demo - you can do some real things with it as well.

Thing which needs to be done IMHO before we can really make use of Forth
in the bootloader is to change built-in commands so that they accept
arguments from stack. As it is now, you can create a word which contains
'boot', but you cannot use 'boot kernel1'.

Have fun!

Andrzej Bialecki

 <abial@nask.pl>       ||PicoBSD||   FreeBSD in your pocket? Go and see:
 Research & Academic   |+-------+|       "Small & Embedded FreeBSD"