Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 1995 09:56:57 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        asami@freebsd.org, swallace@freebsd.org
Subject:   top-3.3 port - a facelift

I've done a bit of work on the top-3.3 port. I've included the recently
posted symbolic wait channel patches, and got rid of the statically
configured files "Makefile, top.1, top.local.h" and the
scripts/do-configure target.  I've replaced that with a .defaults  file
that the supplied Configure script uses, and some args in the makefile to
make it run non-interactive.  It also does the usual nice things like
compressing the man page if not NOMANCOMPRESS and strips the installed
binary etc.  There were a few "%" values in the man page which are now
fixed by actually running Confiugure proper.  No, it doesn't become
interactive because of this, because it's an "express" configure.

I've also made it compile on -current again (recent include file changes
broke "top").

I noticed there's no "MAINTAINER".  This is almost a complete rebuild from
the ground up of the port..  Should I take over the MAINTAINER status of
the port?  I think swallace was the last person active with it...

Thoughts?

-Peter