Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 16:33:29 -0500
From:      Jeff <jlr@soltec.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help!  I'm a total Newbie!

Hello, I'd like to install FreeBSD on my current PC.  I have a Pentium
Pro 200, 64 M RAM, etc.  I have about 7 GB HDD, with 6 of it divided up
on one hard drive.  Basically, I have three available partitions that
are logical to the primary DOS partition.  (I think that's how I did
it.)  It may be a primary, with the extended partition housing the
logicals.  At any rate, do I need to do anything special to one of these
partitions prior to installation of FreeBSD on it?

I'm currently running Windows 95, and I'll have to retain it for
printing needs, at least until I'm assured of successful printing from
within FreeBSD.

Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Jeff Rogers
jlr@soltec.net
www.soltec.net/~jlr