Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:10:30 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
To:        "Mr. Bad Example" <jvdietsc@sidehack.sat.gweep.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Hiya

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 11:05:36AM -0500, Mr. Bad Example wrote:
> 	I am trying to install FreeBSD for the the first time.  It doesnt
> look all that intimidating thus far.  But please bear in mind I have never
> installed a linux-like OS on any computer ever so I am still rather in the
> dark when it comes to this.  Anyhow, on to my question.  I have a Dell GXa
> at work that nobody is using and I am throwing FreeBDS on it.  And I am
> going to the network install.  I have the floppies handy and ready to go
> and all the hardware as far as I can tell is supported but... when I
> get to the scree to configure hardware (from the 2 floppiy start-up) none
> of the network drivers are the correct ones (and happen to conflict with
> each other until I remove them all...) and the one I need (3Com 3C905B) is
> not any where on the list.  So my question is... do I need to add

Isn't that a PnP or a PCI one? You can't disable them IIRC.

I would suggest, just let it boot (don't change the config unless
needed to because of hangs) and see if you see the card coming by
in the device-overview (in bold letters)

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
mavetju@chello.nl |                     http://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org/