Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:14:30 -0400
From:      drgerlists@gmail.com (Dr. Gary E. RAFE)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange behavior of wi(4) on 6.2-R

David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org> wrote:
!You might check the logs & see if there was a DHCP "EXPIRE" that came
!through.
!
!I ended up setting up /etc/dhclient-enter-hooks to cause EXPIRE events
!to be ignored....  :-}

I don't recall seeing anything like these
in /var/log/messages on that notebook.

The day before I was trying to use the WiFi
network connection, we had this notebook on a
wired network connections using the same D-Link
hub/wireless AP/router using dhclient.
That wired fxp(4) connection was rock-solid for hours,
while the wireless wi(4) wouldn't last for
more than an hour (usually much less).

--Gary
--
Dr Gary E RAFE: drgerlists at gmail dot com