Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:22:17 -0500
From:      Jonathan Horne <freebsd@dfwlp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   does anyone run a buildserver for multiple architectures?

im debating upgrading my server to a 64bit processor.

right now, all my machines are i386.  i keep one copy of the sources on my
fastest machine, and i buildworld and various kernels on that machine, and
then just do the standard mount /usr/src and /usr/obj from other systems, and
installworld and kernels.

so what happens when i throw amd64 into the mix?  i know about the
TARGET_ARCH=arch setting, but how about the filesystem of /usr/obj?  is all
the 64bit stuff still seperated?  how do i make sure it doesnt get all mixed
up?  is it realistically possible to continue to keep one repository for all
my machines on the network, reguardless of the machines architecture?

btw, im considering transferring this role to this new amd64 box, as it would
be quite a bit faster than my i386.

thanks,
--
Jonathan Horne